Raleigh Real Estate
Raleigh Home Seller Moving Guide
RALEIGH Moving Check List
One Month Before Your Move From Your Raleigh Home
• Decide on how your furniture and personal belongings will be moved ~ moving companies, POD (Portable Moving Containers that moving companies bring to your house for you to pack you own stuff) companies or truck rentals.
• Gather moving supplies such as boxes, tape, newspapers (ask friends for their newspapers), and anything else you might need.
• Decide on your route if you are driving from out of state to your new home.
• Set up a system to save receipts for all moving related expenses (they may be tax deductible) including meals, gasoline, lodging, packing supplies, phone calls, postage/faxes for closing papers. Start collecting those receipts.
• Start separating your things and begin packing things that are seasonal or things you don't use much (not going to use it in the next 2 months - pack it up).
• Notify your Post Office that you're moving and turn in your Change of Address Form.
• Let friends, family, and businesses know you will be moving.
• Notify your taxing authorities (both state and federal) that you are moving.
Two Weeks Before Your Move From Your Raleigh Home
• Notify your utilities companies that you are moving from Raleigh, NC. Our Coldwell Banker Concierge Service can cancel your utilities for you in Raleigh (one thing off your plate).
• Have your car serviced before your drive if you are moving out of state.
• Tell friends that you will need their help on moving day - give your friends the opportunity to help you.
• Ask a friend to watch your pets on moving day.
• Double check with your moving company or rental truck to make sure everything is on schedule.
• If you are moving out of state or out of Raleigh notify your bank about your Raleigh move.
One Day Before Your Move From Your Raleigh Home
• Separate what you are taking from what is being moved so nothing gets packed that shouldn't.
• Pick up the rental moving truck if you are using one.
• Fill up your car with gas and check oil and tires.
• If you have any last minute Raleigh moving questions, Call Ed and Erin!
• Try to get a good night's rest.
Other things to consider with your Raleigh move are Deducting Your Raleigh Moving Expenses, Helping Your Children Move and Packing Tips and Tricks.
If you have questions about Moving From Raleigh or any Raleigh Homes For Sale,
Email Us or Call Us Today at 919-280-2726
Return to Homes in Raleigh Home Page
Content By Erin Bohner
North Raleigh Homes -
Midtown Homes -
Inside The Beltline Homes -
Raleigh Luxury Homes -
Wake Forest Homes -
Cary Homes -
Raleigh Luxury Subdivisions -
North Raleigh Subdivisions -
Midtown Raleigh Subdivisions -
Inside The Beltline Subdivisions
Raleigh Golf Homes -
Bedford at Falls River -
Barton's Creek -
Falls River -
Long Lake -
Raleigh Schools -
Raleigh Fun -
Raleigh Restaurants -
Community Info -
Raleigh Utilities -
About Us -
Contact Us -
Copyright ©1999-2016 All Rights Reserved